Technical Sales Engineer
Can you help Stora Enso take wooden buildings to new heights? Come join us!
We are on a growth journey and we are looking for a Technical Sales Engineer, Building Solutions in Sweden based at our Technical Centre. The Technical Centre is an expert centre coordinating tasks from offer to order phase for CLT or LVL components projects.
As a Technical Sales Engineer you will report directly to the Team Leader Offer Technical Support Team. You will belong to a team that are located in different locations across Europe.
You will be responsible for the elaboration of requests for quotation and provision of professional technical advice in the field of mass timber building components.
You will be the key point of contact for our Business Development Managers and Sales Managers, answering queries, providing technical advice and preparing quantity take-offs as basis for new offers.
Massive wooden construction is gaining a foothold on the market which means also increasing complexity of the projects. With growing demand, Wood Products need to meet different customer needs including more support and services throughout all project phases. As the product becomes more commodity, it is the added service that makes the difference in the markets.
Stora Enso is a leading global provider of renewable solutions in packaging, biomaterials, wooden constructions and paper. Come grow a renewable world. And you will grow too.
Your main tasks and responsibilities will be:
- Following the pre-defined processes for Building Solution offers and cost estimations
- Understanding the customer needs based on drawings, sketches and/or other relevant project information
- Provide pre-sales support to sales managers and business developers by creating scheme designs, preliminary structural calculations, 3D CAD models, quantity take-offs, basic feasibility studies
- Use specific pricing tools to calculate prices for value added products (e.g. CLT rib panels)
- Maintain and update data in the CRM system to enable offer management and follow upProvide the best technical advice on building components per application based on drawings and/or other information provided by customers
- Implement basic offer information to Stora Enso Wood Products’ to the ERP system (WPS) to allow for data processing by other departments
- Reporting of time afford require for request elaboration
What we offer
With our values, “Lead and Do what’s right”, we endeavor to set an example in all aspects of our business as well as sustainability. We dare to take the initiative and constantly ask ourselves what more can we do, what can we do better. This is an excellent opportunity for you to be a part of the journey Stora Enso is on – transforming from a traditional forest industry company, into a renewable materials growth company – an industry with great potential driven by global megatrends. As a Technical Sales Engineer, Building Solutions, you will be working in an engaging environment giving you the opportunity to grow as a professional and broaden your current skills.
In order to succeed in this role, you will have:
- Bachelor, Master’s degree or equivalent degree in Engineering.
- Experience in Timber construction would be of advantage.
- Experience with CAD software (AutoCAD, etc.)
- Strong technical skills in wood construction is a clear advantage.Good business English, other languages are a clear advantage.
- Very structured working approach and good self-management.
- Ability to set priorities and work proactively.
- Ability to perform well under pressure whilst keeping a focus on details and quality of work.
- Ability to actively seek out all relevant information, analyse information and think systemically.
- Good team player in an international environment, and able to build sustainable relationships with all stakeholders.
Please submit your application and cover letter in English via our recruitment system by 10th September 2021. Hiring manager Felix Wachter, firstname.lastname@example.org will be happy to answer your questions about the position. Other questions can be directed to our Recruitment Specialist, Theresa Etheridge, Theresa.email@example.com. We accept applications submitted only through our recruitment system.
The Wood Products Division is a leading provider of innovative wood-based solutions. The product range covers applications for construction, the window and door industry, as well as for the packaging and decoration industries. Pellets provide a sustainable solution for heating. The offering includes service concepts such as Building Solutions and e-business. Our solutions meet strict requirements regarding safety, quality, design and sustainability.
We believe diversity strengthens our competitiveness and contributes to better decision-making. Diverse working teams help us to explore different perspectives and challenge our way of thinking. We work actively to increase diversity in the workplace and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds. Stora Enso is an equal opportunity employer and follows non-discriminatory practices.
Based on the location and level of the position the normal recruitment process could in addition entail, video interview, aptitude tests, and pre-employment actions such as; background checks, references, health check-up and drug test as part of the final stages. You will be informed to what is applicable to the role during the recruitment process.