Valmet is where the best talent come together to produce world-class solutions. Do you want to take the next step in your career and become a part of our team? We are now looking for a curious and driven NDT Technician in Karlstad.
In this position, your main tasks will be:
- Being responsible for NDT methods UT, PAUT, MT, PT, RT and VT.
- NDT protocols for UT, PAUT, RT and MT.
- Scope of work for the NDE-testing will comprise both casted Yankee dryers as well as welded steel Yankee dryers.
- Execute incoming Service business demands.
You will also:
- Develop and apply new methods in ultrasonic testing.
- Plan and distribute NDT tasks regarding Yankee, testing of gray iron and welds in steel cylinders.
- Be the foundry’s spokesperson regarding NDT.
- Keep the company updated on development in Non-destructive testing.
- Make sure that instructions regarding the client’s specifications are being followed.
- Purchase materials for NDT testing.
- Support Valmet in NDT globally.
- Build up and strengthen the external business area.
To succeed in this role, you will need:
- At least 5-10 years of experience from similar positions.
- To be certified at level II or more (ISO 9712) in required NDT methods (UT, MT, PT, RT, VT, PAUT).
- Fluency in English.
The position includes travelling, usually 1-2 weeks at a time, so it is important that you are open to travel.
The following aspects are preferable but not requirements
- Bachelors’ degree in engineering.
- Practical experience from NDT testing.
- Experience from foundry production.
- Experience from using different NDT analysis software.
We offer you a position in a global business environment as a part of a great team. You will be part of a skilled and helpful team where everyone’s knowledge and competences are valued.
Please fill out our electronic application form with your CV latest by February 23. We will read applications as we receive them. If you have any questions about the position, please contact Christoffer Fransson, Manager Production Technique & Quality, Foundry, at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also contact Rolf I Jonsson, Production Manager, Foundry, at email@example.com.
We look forward to receiving your application!