Lixea is taking the next step on the journey to become a biomass processing technology licencing company in the bioeconomy sector. In order to achieve this, we are looking for a highly experienced Lead Engineer, who will drive the next stage of our technical and engineering development activities, especially focusing on process scale-up.
Lixea is a technology licensing company commercialising a breakthrough sustainable chemical technology invented at Imperial College London. Its Dendronic® process breaks down any lignocellulosic biomass material into its constituents, cellulose and lignin, in a specific, environmentally friendly, and low-cost manner. Our fully operational pilot plant in Bäckhammar is producing materials for prototyping / further testing for the food, fuel, materials and specialty chemicals sectors.
Building on your extensive engineering skills and knowhow, we expect you to manage the design and execution of our first demonstration plant, as well as to create a blueprint for large scale technology licencing opportunities. You will be collaborating with a team of scientists and engineers and working closely with our current and future commercial partners.
- Review existing R&D data and models and based on these, suggest and plan activities (lab and pilot-scale)
- Produce design package, including process description and bases of design, together with relevant process simulations, such as mass and energy balances, process and batch scheduling and process control strategy
- Supervise and/or carry out engineering design activities at demo and commercial plant scale; prepare and review PFDs and P&IDs
- Work closely with engineering firms and equipment vendors
- Oversee all HAZOP studies and safety assessments
- Coordinate and/or carry out techno-economic modelling
- Contribute to Intellectual Property (IP) development and management
- Develop and manage budgeting
YOUR QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Degree in Chemical / Process Engineering with a proven track record and relevant, minimum 7 years of experience in similar positions
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills to tackle complex problems
- Confident in leading technical discussions with co-workers, customers, and suppliers in English (and ideally in Swedish as well).
- Self-motivated engineer who is used to work in a fast-paced environment
WHAT WE CAN OFFER
- Competitive salary
- Exciting, innovative, high impact engineering development work
- Exposure to a variety of industry players within the food, fuel, materials and specialty chemicals sectors worldwide
- Friendly, driven and diverse small team
Job Title: Lead Engineer
Location: Bäckhammar, Sweden
Start date: Q1 2023
Working Hours: 40 hrs per week
Reports to: COO
To apply: Send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews will take place on an ongoing basis, please submit your application as soon as possible!